In this edition of “The Power Behind PowerInbox” series, we’re excited to introduce Roie Uziel, our Engineering Manager!
Roie started at PowerInbox in July, 2020. Before joining us, he was working as an SW Engineer and Engineering Manager at various startup companies and technology corporations like Intel and HP Software. He holds a B.SC in Information System and an MBA in Tech Management — both from Ben Gurion University.
Let’s learn a bit more about Roie!
1. What do you love most about your role at PowerInbox?
I love the fact that I get a chance to impact a huge number of content readers throughout the world and provide added value both to the content publishers and their readers. In addition, our technology is super exciting and mind blowing. I also get a chance to work with a talented group of people, and we learn a lot from each other every day.
2. What advice do you have for someone also interested in that type of position?
Be an expert in your field, and show your interviewers that you are smart and a fun colleague to work with.
3. What are the top 4 tools you can’t live without?
- My Mac
- WebStorm (SW Development IDE)
4. What is your favorite PowerInbox memory?
First time I met the entire Israel team was at a local offsite, during the COVID outbreak. It was such a pleasure meeting the team and quickly feeling like part of the gang.
5. What are some of your hobbies?
Sports (mainly running), reading, and watching good TV shows
6. What is your favorite quote and why?
If not now, when? (Speaks for itself…)
7. What is the superpower you’d choose & why?
Foresee the future. This is priceless…
8. What’s the coolest thing about your job?
No day looks like the day before. And I get to use my brain to solve hard problems — I’ll never get bored from that!
9. What’s the nerdiest thing you do in your free time?
Collect beer glasses
10. What’s your favorite place you’ve ever traveled to?
Goa (India). It’s heaven on earth.
11. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure & why?
Cotton Candy 😉
12. What’s your favorite book & why?
Blindness by José Saramago. It’s the perfect novel. I think I’ve read it 5 times…
13. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
To run a full marathon (I’ve currently accomplished a half marathon).
14. What animal best describes you & why?
Tiger. I like to move fast.
15. Choose a movie title for the story of your life – and why?
Into the Wild. Just because I like the adventure and LOVE the soundtrack.
16. What’s your hidden talent?
None are hidden 🙂
17. How do you manage work/life balance?
We keep a strict family schedule in my house and mark in the calendar the days that are dedicated to the kids.
18. What’s something you want to do in the next year professionally that you haven’t been able to do before?
Lead and mentor young managers
We hope you enjoyed learning more about the people who power PowerInbox and have helped get us to where we are today: the only personalized Push & Email Messaging Platform built exclusively for publishers.
If you’re interested in learning more about what we do, feel free to reach out.