Our next featured employee in our “Power Behind PowerInbox” series is Tracy Choi!
For the last 10 months, Tracy has been one of our rockstar Account Managers, with a mission to understand the company’s strategic objectives and support PowerInbox’s business by providing support to the sales executives. This includes retaining and growing existing accounts on the advertising side, up-selling, and troubleshooting.
Tracy was born and raised in New York and graduated from NYU with a degree in economics and marketing. She currently lives in Brooklyn, NY. Check out her Q&A below to learn more about Tracy and her role at PowerInbox.
1. What do you love most about your role at PowerInbox?
I am a people person, and my role allows me to apply my interpersonal skills in a workplace environment. Being an account manager is very interactive – internally with the PowerInbox team and externally with my clients. I need this interaction to thrive and not get bored. I love that my role requires me to be collaborative with my team – it doesn’t hurt that I have some awesome people on my team either!
2. What advice do you have for someone also interested in that type of position?
At times it can get hectic and stressful, but it is well worth it – if you don’t mind constant interaction. Being organized is key. When you’re managing a bunch of accounts, not being organized will be your downfall. When you don’t pay attention to the details, it’s difficult to keep a firm grip on your accounts. This position requires you to be proactive – always reaching out to advertisers, checking in, seeing what you can do to help reach their goals. Showing that you’re passionate to your clients’ goals will also get you farther and create long-lasting relationships.
3. What are the top 5 tools you can’t live without?
- Any analytics tool we’re using at the moment. Right now it’s Looker, Splunk, and Quicksight
- Curling wand
4. What are some of your hobbies?
Going to concerts, binging shows, finding great food spots, and sleeping in.
5. What is your favorite quote, & why?
“My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” – Maya Angelou
I love this quote because it reminds me to enjoy my life and do what makes me happy. I always remind myself, there’s a difference between just living and thriving – I’m always trying to do whatever I can to thrive, with compassion, a lot of humor, and style.
6. What is one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Don’t let your insecurities stop you from doing what you want to do. Always trust yourself, even if things go wrong, trust your ability to recover and move on.
7. What superpower would you choose, & why?
Teleportation. I dread the way back from anything – whether it’s traveling or going back home after a night out. I always wish I could just teleport to my home.
8. What’s the nerdiest thing you do in your free time?
I love watching documentaries, all sorts of them, but my favorite are animal, historical, and crime.
9. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure, & why?
Watching reality TV – I know I know, there’s no substance blah blah blah, but who cares? It’s just so entertaining!
10. What’s a pet peeve of yours that no one knows about?
- People who are chronically late
- People who don’t break their boxes down when recycling
- People who don’t hold the door for people behind them
11. What’s your hidden talent?
Winning fake arguments in my head.
12. What’s the first thing you bought with your own money?
50 Cent’s Get Rich or Die Tryin’ CD
We hope you enjoyed learning more about the people behind PowerInbox!