We’re excited to continue our blog series that showcases the people who power PowerInbox: our employees! Let’s get to know a little more about Shai Drori!
Shai is the General Manager of Nostro, PowerInbox’s ultimate monetization machine, which utilizes our powerful network to significantly grow revenue. He lives with his wife and 3 boys in a suburb of Tel Aviv, Israel. With a degree in economics and mass communication and an MBA from the Technion, Shai began his career in the online/Internet space back in 2004 when he joined ICQ (AOL) and developed his own initiatives in the space until he landed at PowerInbox in 2018.
Here’s a little more about Shai…
1. What do you love most about your role at PowerInbox?
The excitement of kickstarting Nostro, which we have high hopes for.
2. What advice do you have for someone also interested in that type of position?
Although this is a “business” position, the tech aspects are crucial to understand and often will be the dominant USP for an online business. Be as knowledgeable as you can regarding technical aspects.
3. Top 5 tools you can’t live without
- Almost anything Apple (hardware)
- Free and respectful VPN
- Top notch passionate developer 🙂
4. What are some of your hobbies?
Running, Squash (~RacketBall), being in the desert 😉
5. What is your favorite quote & why?
“If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.” – Albert Einstein
Why? Not sure I can explain it simply 😉
6. What is one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Always extend any trip you make to the maximum possible; everything will wait, and what will not wasn’t worth it anyway.
7. What is a pet peeve that no one knows about?
A dishwasher that is filled in a non-optimized manner.
8. At which store would you like to max out your credit card & why?
Any quality sports/outdoor activities store – I love the gear and the way it is designed to match an activity.
9. What’s your hidden talent?
Soccer! Given my injury history, it’s unfortunately too much of a risk for me to play soccer though.
10. What’s the first thing you bought with your own money?
At the age of 14, I bought a double cassette stereo system. I used my entire 2-month (summer vacation) salary on it!
We hope you enjoyed learning more about Shai! As always, if you’re interested in learning more about how we can help you revolutionize your digital monetization (with email, push or web), get in touch.