In this edition of “The Power Behind PowerInbox” series, we’re excited to introduce our Head of Finance, Ran Bar-Haim!
Ran has been Head of Finance at PowerInbox for that last 4 years. He studied LLB, BA Accounting and MBA in Tel Aviv University. He is both an accountant and a lawyer. He worked in large Israeli firms before he crossed over to the real business world.
Let’s learn a bit more about Ran!
1. What do you love most about your role at PowerInbox?
Diversity and opportunity. Many things are happening at once, and every individual can pick up a task that he is interested in and challenges him and own it for his and the company’s benefit. I also believe that almost everything is transparent and we work as a team to fulfill our goals.
2. What advice do you have for someone also interested in that type of position?
Make sure you are asking a lot of questions, all the time. Constantly challenge yourself no matter what you are doing and how you are doing it is the right path to pursue.
3. What are some of your hobbies?
Running. At the beginning of 2020 I completed a Triple (three marathons) in three months, just before everything was shut down due to Covid-19.
4. Favorite PowerInbox event/memory/moment or favorite PowerInbox swag
Closing Jeeng’s deal and the promises it brings with it.
5. What’s one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
I’d probably share the lottery numbers with myself…
6. What’s your biggest guilty pleasure?
Huge Belgian waffle with toppings and ice cream.
7. What’s your favorite book & why?
Century Trilogy. It combines history and drama.
8. Favorite quote & why?
“The greatest danger for most of us is not that our aim is too high and we miss it, but that it is too low and we reach it” (Michelangelo). It speaks for itself I believe.
9. Superpower you’d choose & why?
To stop time. I have a long list of things that I want to do and no time to do it…
10. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
Go on a long trip abroad with the family.
11. What’s the coolest thing about your job?
12. How do you manage work/life balance?
No email notification on my mobile. But I check the work email before I go to sleep to make sure I didn’t miss something important.
We hope you enjoyed learning more about Ran and all the people who power PowerInbox. They have all helped get us to where we are today: the only automated and personalized Multichannel Messaging Platform built exclusively for publishers.
If you’d like to learn more about the platform, feel free to reach out!