Our next employee feature is Nick Burress, our Frontend Designer!
Nick has been with PowerInbox for over 3 years and currently resides in Marseilles, IL, where he lives with his wife, two sons, 3 dogs, 2 cats, and lots of fish! Talk about a full house!
Let’s get to know more about Nick…
1. What is your favorite part of working remotely?
Being so close to family. I love that I can take a break in the afternoon and play catch with the boys.
2. What is your favorite PowerInbox memory?
It was probably meeting Aron Sanchez at his restaurant in New Orleans during our company offsite. I’m a big fan of his, so that was really cool.
3. What are some of your hobbies?
Playing video games, getting tattoos, playing softball, Fantasy Football, and poker
4. What is one piece of advice you’d give your younger self?
Don’t believe everything that you hear.
5. Which superpower would you choose & why?
Probably teleportation because I get anxious about traveling.
6. What’s the coolest thing about your job?
That I could literally do it from anywhere that has Internet.
7. What is your biggest guilty pleasure & why?
Hot Bath. Not even sure if that’s a guilty pleasure, but it is the best!
8. What’s one pet peeve that no one knows about?
I HATE walking in snow. The sound is worse than nails on a chalkboard.
9. What’s at the top of your bucket list?
To do one of those Wipeout courses.
10. What’s something you want to do in the next year professionally that you haven’t been able to do before?
Maybe attend a Codepen Meetup in Chicago.
Stay tuned for our next employee feature! And in the meantime, if you missed our last employee Q&A, you can find it here!