PowerInbox’s CEO, Jeff Kupietzky, was invited for a virtual sit-down with BizReport’s Kristina Knight for an interview inspired by Google’s recent announcement. They plan to start a campaign to allocate $15 million in ads to local news outlets — i.e. news sites, radio, TV, newspapers, etc.
Local newsrooms and publications have suffered during these recent times, with the majority of people increasing their consumption of news online.
But Jeff believes this is a sign to publishers — A sign that it is time for them to take back ownership of their audiences, and to leverage their data in order to provide highly relevant content to their readers. There is no other way to increase audience engagement in a sustainable and meaningful way.
Kristina and Jeff discussed many interesting points, including:
- The disconnect between publishers and their audiences, and how it keeps the latter from engaging with content.
- How publishers can increase audience engagement with relevant content geared towards each person’s interests and behavior.
- Whether social media and search can help publishers reach their audiences or not.
Jeff signed off the interview with his top 3 tips for publishers to create a successful digital advertising strategy:
- Understand your audience’s interests and track their behavior across all channels to get a 360° view.
- Leverage the channels you own — email and push notifications — rather than social media and search.
- Use your owned channels to send highly relevant and personalized content — avoid one-size-fits-all messaging.
Do you want to find out what else Jeff has to say about how to use relevancy to increase audience engagement? Read the full interview on BizReport, here.
If you’re ready to incorporate personalized multichannel messaging in your digital advertising strategy, contact us at PowerInbox, today!